Pepe Le Moko Review

Plot:
A most wanted criminal Pepe, has taken refuge in Cassbah from where it is very difficult for police to take him down... 




Review:

So all this time I was thinking that when will I start to watch movies from so called Best Filmmaking industry i.e, French movie industry... So I sat down and picked a random one to watch...

Story is simple and straight-forward.. it is actually beautiful for most of the time... And is handled good in terms of main leads too

Acting by main lead is phenomenal, I mean it was so pure by heart that, you feel for Pepe, who is actually a Criminal... I loved Inspector Slimane's character the most out of all, the guy did exceptional too.. rest of them did good overall too

Now Camera Work was really well done especially crowd scenes were handled very beautifully...

Dialogues were really profound and had deep meanings, and surely I would love to praise the way dialogues make you reflect on yourself (Last time any dialogue affected me this much was Into the wild)

Now I had some problems with this one too, like the romance didn't feel soothing at all, It felt like all that was forced... And all the romantic element except a few scenes, was quite a bit plain rather than mesmerizing

Second problem I had was with side characters, yes they were there but weren't really set, i mean they were fitting in their roles and all but I couldn't really empathize with most of them

All in all its a good watch to actually because of great dialogues and Great performances by main leads

8/10

Comments

Popular Posts